Please use this instruction set if you:
- Use Ubuntu Desktop CD version 9.10
- You want to reformat your entire hard drive, not dual booting
- Power up your computer => quickly insert your Ubuntu 9.10 CD. If your computer boots from the CD, great. Else Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart your computer.
- Once your computer boots up, use your keyboard’s up/down arrow keys to select Install Ubuntu then press Enter
- Select your language then press Foward
- Click on your time-zone then press Foward
- IF NEEDED, adjust your keyboard output then press Foward
- Prepare Disk Space: check Erase and use the entire disk
- Enter your login information then press Foward
- Click on the Install button to begin the installation
- It is that easy!
Here is a screenshot of my final Ubuntu 9.10.