The VMware Player 3.0 Easy Install is pretty useful but in certain cases, we want it disabled. Inside VMware Player settings, there is not an option to disable Easy Install so here is a quick trick/tip to by pass:
- First start VMware Player
- Create A New Virtual Machine
- Select the option “I will install the operating system later”
- Once done, your new virtual machine will be added to your virtual library, under Home.
- Double click on your new Virtual Machine to start it.
- It will next say the OS is not installed and provide an option to insert the OS installation media.
- Simply click on Change CD/DVD Settings to select your media then Restart VM!
Hope you like it!